As many of us move out of lockdowns once more, we’re looking forward to welcoming friends and families into our gardens over the summer months. So to help you prepare for summer parties and gatherings, here are some tip tips to make your garden ready in a sustainable way:
- Plant for fresh produce that you can share with family and friends.
- And make sure you have a place to enjoy home grown food outdoors. An al fresco dining area can be created without recourse to damaging products and materials. Use natural or reclaimed materials for paving or decking, for example. And use plants for privacy, wind breaking, and to create the perfect ambiance for eating outdoors.
- Upcycling and reuse can also help you furnish your outdoors entertainment areas.
- Reclaimed and/or natural materials can also be used to make an eco-friendly outdoors kitchen, with, for example, a wood-fired cob pizza oven, smoker, fire pit, or even a DIY solar oven.
- Create a sustainable lighting design, so you can enjoy occasional garden gatherings after dark. Think about using solar lighting, and/or natural beeswax candles, to light a space. And make sure lights go off at night to avoid disrupting nocturnal wildlife.
Choosing the right plants to place in and around entertainment areas in your garden really is the most important thing. So pay attention to your planting schemes and get a design worked out ready for summer.
If you would like help to design your perfect patio or outdoors entertainment space before summer arrives, please do get in touch. I would love to help you make your garden a space you can be proud of by the time you welcome in your guests.