Right back at the beginning of this year, I ran a course to help new gardeners get started. I designed this simple, practical course to help beginners move to the point where they are ready to start their own organic food producing garden in the spring.
People who took this course last year were kind enough to give me some really positive feedback. So I will be running the course again from early next year.
The course will run from January 3rd to March 21st. Each Monday, those who have signed up and paid for the course will receive an email with a course booklet with detailed information on the topic of that week’s module.
As they were last year, the modules are:
- Module 1: Principles, Planning and Practice
- Module 2: Knowing Your Site
- Module 3: Choosing a Growing Method
- Module 4: Design & Preparation – Creating Growing Areas
- Module 5: Water Management
- Module 6: Understanding Soil
- Module 7: Maintaining Fertility
- Module 8: Plant Selection
- Module 9: Planting and Sowing
- Module 10: Biodiversity and Organic Pest Control
- Module 11: Looking Forward – Future Planning
- Module 12: Maximising and Using Yields
Those taking the course will also receive a simple assignment, to be completed by Thursday, that will be returned with helpful comments the following week. I will also be on hand Monday to Friday to answer any questions relating to the topic of the module.
The course pricing is:
- Waged: £200
- Low-waged: £100
- Un-waged: £50
This will be on an honesty basis.
If you are interested in taking this course, please contact me through this website by 1st January. In order to be able to give my full attention to all students, there will only be a limited number of places available.
If you are considering starting your own organic garden for the first time, this course should give you the basic knowledge you need to succeed, and save you wading through all the information there is out there on your own.
One thought on “Start Your Own Organic Garden: An Online Course For Beginners”